1. Charles Theodore Martin, Canberra, Australia : Although only taken with an iPhone, I think this shows off the bow tie quite nicely and has a face full of mirth.
2. Angelo Flaccavento, Ragusa, Italy: There is a certain Van Gogh self-portrait feel to this image. Very cool.
3. Pierre-Jean Housse, Paris, France: Out there, quirky, French.
4. Danny Hsu, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia: This is a gem. It stands out, it shows off a great bow tie, it has all the trappings of a winning photo.
5. Jonas Ek, Genarp, Sweden: Not bad for a first time bow tie wearer.
6. Oskar Buhre, Sydney, Australia: Very well presented, very clean image.
7. Nicholas Tobias, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia: The colour of the beach background coupled with the black and white, the return to the 20's feel, pearls, sunglasses, thin moustache.
8. George Quraishi, New York, New York: Because it reminds me of a Chuck Close painting.