The ACE Bow Tie & Tie Portrait Competition - Round 3
For those of you who missed out on the last competition, we are hosting round 3 this year. We are looking for a unique sense of style, a personal touch. Perhaps it's the knot of your tie (Windsor, Old Bertie, Four In Hand, Onassis), the choice of fabric for your bow tie (Silk, Cashmere, Wool), the finishes to your favourite scarf or perhaps something brand new you want to show the world. We are open to it all, just make sure you select one of the Aces and send it along to us with the high resolution photo and a description of what you are wearing and a little about yourself.
The four winners will each receive one bow tie from our new collection of silks, and one from our collection 3 months after that. See the current collection on www.lenoeudpapillon.com
See below the ACES to choose from, open them in a fresh window to download them in high resolution.
The Rules Of Engagement
- Any of the following items will be accepted as neckwear: Bow tie, neck tie, kerchief, neckerchief, bandana, scarf or a cravatte (ascot).
- The photo must be sent with a template of the ACE card you wish to be placed into.
- The photo must be in the format of an image no less than 200kb in size and not in excess of 2mb.
- Entrants can come from any part of the globe and prizes will be sent to their home address provided it can be delivered by Australia Post's parcel service (that means if you are in Antarctica, there is no need to venture outdoors for a photo).
- Entrants must be willing to have their photo published onwww.lenoeudpapillon.blogspot.com and in the various other mediums with which Le Noeud Papillon of Sydney communicates with it's customers and fans. These include: email marketing, website, twitter and facebook pages.
- The image must be labelled with the name of the entrant and the country and city or town of origin.
- All photography must be submitted to bow at lenoeudpapillon.com
- Multiple entries must not be submitted, the onus is on the entrant to choose their favourite photo, please do not ask us to select from a batch.
- Please include in your description the brand of the products you are wearing. We are happy to support other brands, especially those that are from smaller ateliers or localised artisans.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Portrait Competition Submission'.
What Are We Looking For?
- Your own unique style. We don't want anything which is styled or contrived, we want your essence, who you are, what you wear, how you wear it. Whether you look like Fabio or Montgomery Burns, it does not matter to us, so long as we see your personality in the photo.
- We will reward ingenuity in both photography and lighting conditions. So think about how you wish to display your neckwear and in what lighting conditions.
- The best photos which were submitted last time each had their own unique personality, so try not to use the same photographer for fear that they might put their own spin on your look.
- Let us see things we may not have seen before; maybe you have braces you made yourself, a jacket you made with your tailor, something your grandfather left you -whatever it is, if it has a story and it adds to the photo, include it! We love the obscure, the personal, the rare.